-->

France formally opens terrorism probe in train attack

France formally opens terrorism probe in train attack


France formally opens terrorism probe in train attack

Posted: 25 Aug 2015 10:53 AM PDT

Ayoub El Khazzani was overpowered by three US Marines and a British IT consultant after he boarded a high-speed trainĀ in Brussels armed with a Kalashnikov assault riflePARIS (AP) — French authorities formally opened a terrorism investigation Tuesday after a thwarted attack on a high-speed train last week, saying the suspected gunman had watched a jihadi video onboard minutes before the violence.


Ben Carson blasts Black Lives Matter for targeting Bernie Sanders

Posted:


After fleeing Hurricane Katrina, Doris Banks has returned to New Orleans. Was it a mistake?

Posted:

More than 100,000 New Orleans residents were displaced by Katrina. Many no longer recognize the city they once called home.


US stocks surge after China cuts rates to help economy

Posted: 25 Aug 2015 10:33 AM PDT

A Chinese stock investor reacts near a display for stock prices at a brokerage house in Qingdao in eastern China's Shandong province Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2015. Chinese stocks tumbled again Tuesday after their biggest decline in eight years while most other Asian markets rebounded from a day of heavy losses. (Chinatopix via AP) CHINA OUTChina's main index plunges to an eight-month low, but most other Asian markets rebound.


IndyCar driver Justin Wilson dies from head injury at Pocono

Posted:


Boston bombing juror would have voted for life, not death: media

Posted: 25 Aug 2015 06:39 AM PDT

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is pictured in this handout photo presented as evidence by the U.S. Attorney's Office in BostonOne of the 12 jurors who voted to sentence Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to death would have opted for life had he known that one of the victims' families wanted the defendant spared, he told Boston's WBUR radio. The juror, 23-year-old Kevan Fagan, said he did not know that the parents of 8-year-old Martin Richard had urged prosecutors in an open letter on the front page of the Boston Globe in April to seek life in prison for the ethnic Chechen rather than the death penalty.


Katrina's unclaimed dead conjure memories of her ravages

Posted: 25 Aug 2015 04:14 AM PDT

Thomas and Carol Muniz, of Tulsa, Oklahoma, walk past the entrance to the New Orleans Katrina Memorial in New Orleans, LouisianaOn Saturday, 10 years to the day after Katrina's devastating landfall in Louisiana, city dignitaries will gather at the burial site, known as the Hurricane Katrina Memorial. "Nobody has ever come searching for their loved one in the memorial, as far as I know," said Dr. Frank Minyard, the longtime coroner of Orleans Parish, who helped to build the monument before retiring last year. The stories of those buried inside remain unknown despite the exhaustive efforts of coroners who conducted autopsies on some 900 bodies recovered from around greater New Orleans.


Defendant denied New Hampshire prep school rape, wept: detective

Posted: 25 Aug 2015 09:59 AM PDT

A sign marks the entrance to St. Paul's School in ConcordA popular former student at an elite New Hampshire boarding school wept when a detective called him to say she wanted to interview him about allegations he raped a younger teenager and denied the charges, the detective testified on Tuesday. Owen Labrie, now 19, initially reacted to inquiries about the alleged May 2014 attack by emphasizing his accomplishments at St. Paul's School in Concord, New Hampshire, said Concord Police Detective Julie Curtin during the fifth day of his trial. Labrie denied having had sex with the alleged victim, who was 15 at the time, Curtin said.


White House admits Biden mulling 2016 run

Posted: 24 Aug 2015 03:10 PM PDT

While Biden would provide Clinton with stiff competition for the Democratic nomination, he has not yet confirmed whether he has plans to runThe White House on Monday acknowledged that Vice President Joe Biden is still weighing a possible run for the top job, amid controversy surrounding Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton. Biden, President Obama's deputy for nearly seven years, has previously said he would make a decision on entering the 2016 race by the end of the summer. "I would assume that that means he's got a another month or so to think about this and announce a decision," said White House spokesman Josh Earnest.


Recent Posts

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Banner IDwebhost

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Iklan Bawah Artikel